October 1, 2012

Querétaro to Veracruz


I got an early start out of Querétaro, because I planned to see the Pyramids at Teotihuacan, right outside of Mexico City.  Those plans fell through when I spent 2 hours lost in Mexico City.  I knew I could not waste anymore time trying to find the Pyramids, because Veracruz was 4 hours away and I knew if I wanted to get there before night fall, I had no extra time to waste.  I took my first toll road in Mexico and quickly realized that it was expensive and time consuming stopping every 100 miles or so.  I think I must have paid $70 US.  My plan is to never use toll roads again, if I can help it.  I made it to Veracruz at 8:00 PM, and got a hotel room in the historic center of the city for about $40 US each night.  I plan to stay 2 nights and head out to Oaxaca on 1OCT12.  I have really enjoyed Mexico and its people thus far…I plan to give a more detailed opinion of Mexico when I exit.  This morning, I headed out to see the city of Veracruz, and what it has to offer.  It has a downtown Charleston, SC feel mixed with a little of Myrtle Beach, SC.



































No comments: