September 30, 2012

Final day in Querétaro


I really enjoyed this town, it has a atmosphere for family enjoyment.  I will have to put this town on my return visit list.  I got up at 6:00 AM to take pictures of the cityscape at night and at sunrise.  The hotel management gave me the key to enter a special top floor of the hotel to get my photos.  Then later, I headed downtown at 9:00 PM to an Irish pub,  that was recommended by the front desk.  When I arrived I met two pilots (I think US Air) from Denver, they were on an overnight layover, and we had a few drinks and I told them my story.  Then a Canadian guy from Toronto and his buddy from India arrived, and we had a great time drinking and telling stories.  I was then formally introduced to a beer drink called a Michelada which is a Mexican  drink made with beerlime juice, and assorted saucesspices, and peppers It is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass. There are numerous variations of this beverage throughout Mexico and Latin America.  It is a kind of the beer version of a Bloody Mary.  Note to self: don’t get wasted on the day prior to traveling out of town.











Michelada!!!!!


No comments: