September 27, 2012

San Luis Potosi to Santiago de Querétaro


Loaded the bike at 10:00 AM, and made my way to Querétaro.  The ride was easy and not too much traffic, but it later rained after I checked in my hotel.  I am staying at a Best Western, which is located about 10 minutes from then center of the city.  I arrived around 1:00 PM, and unloaded my gear, and decided to go downtown to take a look around.  Historic downtown Querétaro is really nice, and I really enjoyed the Spanish colonial setup of the city.  I has these nice little park areas inside every block or so.  The city is larger than San Luis, but has its own good feel to it.  I stopped in one of the parks to grab a bite to eat, and I must say, that it was the best meal I have had thus far…the dish was called Pollo Tamara…chicken served in a orange sauce with coriander seeds.  Tomorrow I will probably head back to the historic district to see if I missed anything special.

David, Myself, and Karina, they spoke English and were a great help in San Luis







































No comments: