September 18, 2012

Delayed Start


I had to delay my 15SEP12 start by 2 days.  I finally left Atlanta, GA on 17SEP12 at 12PM, due to the fact that I realized that I had too much crap.  I thought I had trimmed everything down to the essentials, but I had to send 1/3 of the so called essentials to storage.  I will probably have to trim down again before I enter Mexico.  All that being said, I made my way from Atlanta, but suddenly got tired after I had a bite to eat and decided to bed down in Carrolton, GA. (Only 2 hours from Atlanta)  I was a little disappointed in myself, but I would rather be safe than sorry.  Got up the next day and headed out, I rode for about 7 hours, and ended my day in a town called Hammond, LA, about 40 miles from Baton Rouge, LA.  The ride was filled with rain and dark clouds, but it ended with 2 hours of sunshine.  I will try and make it to Victoria, TX tomorrow, another 7 or 8 hours ride.

Getting gas in Jackson, MS

No comments: