September 21, 2012

Arrived at Border


My ride from Victoria, TX to Brownsville, TX was relatively uneventful, but I had great weather, and I took a detour to Corpus Christi, TX.  When I headed out for this leg if my trip, I noticed that one of my auxiliary head lamps had lost some of its small nuts.  I use some small zip ties for a quick fix, and I made a stop at the Corpus Christi Home Depot.  As, I was leaving the Home Depot, I ran into Shadow and Pappy, members of a local motorcycle club (Harley guys).  Told them about my trip, we chatted for a while and they gave me directions out of town.  They seemed like really great guys.  Two hours later made into Brownsville, got my motel room, did laundry, and replace the bolts on my auxiliary light.  Did a final overall maintenance on the bike, air, fluids, ect., and called it a night.  The plan tomorrow is to hit the border no later than 9:00 AM, then head to Ciudad Victoria, MX.

Shadow, Pappy, and myself

No comments: