October 14, 2012

Antigua, Guatemala to La Libertad, El Salvador


Loaded up the bike this morning 14OCT2012, and headed out of Antigua to La Libertad, El Salvador.  I got an early start at 9:00 AM, traveling toward the Guatemalan coast, which meant I got to the border at 12 Noon.  I ran into the helper named George, he seemed like a good guy, and we agreed on a $10 US fee for his services.  The border was not as smooth as previous border, but it was not that bad.  Two hours later, I was on my way into El Salvador.  The ride was great, it was sunny and no traffic whatsoever.  I stopped a seaside restaurant to grab a bite, which was about 20 miles outside of La Libertad.  It had a great view of the ocean, and the grilled shrimp was not that bad either.  I made it into La Libertad, and checked into the Hotel Pacific Sunrise, which charged $50 US per night.  I decided to stay two nights…it’s the beach!  I managed to take some pictures while the sun was setting.  I plan to look for an unlocked cell phone in the morning…my cell has stopped working.












No comments: