October 3, 2012

Veracruz to Villahermosa, Mexico


My plan was to leave Veracruz and head out to Oaxaca, but I made some changes.  I ended up staying an extra day in Veracruz and use that time to do some bike maintenance…oil change, check tires, add air, lube stuff.  The following morning I headed out to Villahermosa, and the ride had a little rain and a lot of potholes, but I made in safely.  I arrived to a very modern city with very little colonial influence around 3:00 PM.  I did my usual, stopped at a very expensive hotel, and asked if they knew of a good less expensive hotel.  Usually the expensive hotels have a person that speaks English and give quality advice, so I ended up staying at a hotel a few miles down in the center of the city.  This city is the most progressive city for modern art and culture I have visited thus far.  As you can see in the photos…they have a great admiration for the female form.  Villahermosa has a great number of museums and artwork/statues in their parks.  I spent the following day walking around for half the day taking pictures.  My plan is to leave in the morning headed toward the ruins of Palenque, and then bed down in San Cristobal.















Cafe Chicas






Pedestrian Crosswalk/Museum...Great idea!










Rooftop dog


No comments: