January 10, 2013

Heading Back North


I apologize for not having any updates since November 2012.  I have been staying (being lazy) in Panama City, and spending my time getting to know Panama City.  I have met some great new friends during my stay in Panama City, but now it is time for me to depart.  I headed out of Panama City on 3 JAN 13, and was attempting to spend a week in Bocas Del Toro, but I got stopped by the customs police and my bike was impounded.  According to my paperwork for the bike, it was only valid for one month in Panama, so I had to go to David and stay for a couple of days to get my bike.  Long story short…paid a fine of $200 US Dollars the next day, and I got my bike.  On 5 JAN 13, I crossed the border into Costa Rica and headed for a surf town called Jaco.  I did not really like the feel of Jaco, so I headed for Liberia the next morning.  I cross the border into Nicaragua on 10 Jan 13, and I am currently in Managua, Nicaragua.  I will head out for Honduras tomorrow.   

No comments: